Free Mentoring for Apprentices & Trainees working in Building and Construction
Lifting retention rates and completion rates of Australian Apprentices and Trainees.
Have you recently started an apprenticeship or traineeship and could use some additional support? The ISMAA program has been designed to support you during the first 2 years of your apprenticeship or traineeship.
Support can include:
- Supporting on-the-job learning
- Supporting the development of particular technical skills
- Working with your employer to develop positive relationships in the workplace
- Career and industry pathway advice
- Motivation and confidence building
- Support to achieve potential and build resilience
- Assisting to resolve issues that may impact your apprenticeship or traineeship
- Assisting you to find appropriate services in your region
- Regular contacts in a format that meets with your needs
This is a confidential FREE service. Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
Imagine how much easier live can be when you have your own personal Mentor. Because we could all use a little help sometimes.
ATC have ISMAA Mentors to guide and support you through your apprenticeship.
We will work with you to develop an Individual Mentoring Plan (IMP) that reflects your individual needs and expectations of the program.
We will meet with you on a regular basis to review the IMP and set goals for the future.
Our main aim is to support you to become successful in your chosen career and ensure that you receive the guidance you need in a timely manner.
Your ISMAA Mentor is your go to person to help keep you on track to finish your apprenticeship or traineeship.
Building & Construction Mentoring is available to 1st & 2nd year Apprentices
Includes Residential Building Construction, Building Structure Services, Building Installation Services & Building Completion Services.
Relevant Trades : Concreting, bricklaying, roofing, structural steel erection services, Plumbing, electrical, Air conditioning & heating, Fire & Security Alarm Installation & other building installation services, Plastering & Ceiling Services, Carpentry Services, Tiling & Carpeting, Painting & Decorating & Glazing.